Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Monday, February 5, 2007

Understanding the Equation of Space..

Over the past couple of months I've heard the comment " I enjoy space", "I need my space" or " you never listened and you never gave me space".. and to be honest, I didn't really get it. Until now.

Of course now it's kapten Efterklok and most things that were hidden in the shadows that we refer to as "misunderstandings" are all very "sticks and stones", however I haven't actually been very good at understanding the concept of Space in this context. I've always been the terrier yapping at the heels for attention on my terms, when its all about me.

So now that I'm living alone and planning to move a Roland digital drum kit into the living room as well as a hobbex speed ball with holder in the hall I'm starting to understand it more.(Or perhaps not. )

Now I liken it to two individual peas in the same pod. If its gonna work long term you have to give the other person the space they need. of course that sounds easy but I reckon its one of the biggest problems in relationships today.
Never one to simply sit at home and twiddle my thumbs I always had training at the gym, rugby training , fixing / riding my bike or surfing the internet as my own space. But this was where my ego and misynderstanding came in, when I wanted attention I expected it and didn't really accept the fact that the other person really needed their own time and space. I looked upon this as a negative, almost an insult.
To contradict myself completely I could also sit in silence with the same person and have no need to say anything or at the same time listen to somebody for hours if necessary. However, this seemed to be on my terms anyway.Not sure if that makes sense and there has been a lot of self reflection to come to my understanding now and I'm fairly sure it has been a step in the right direction.
Looking around this misunderstanding seems to take up a lot of energy as there are a lot of people who mention the same problem. It's all about actually having an understanding of the understanding.
So when your two individual peas living in the same pod, you gonna get to grips with the fact that:
a) your an individual pea with individual needs who requires your own identity
b) within the spectrum of the pod its still gonna be a tight fit and require team work and communication to make it work.

So, unless we start talking about the pod in the same context as quantum mechanics we'd better start understanding the understanding and the equation of space within the pod.
Otherwise the pod splits

áyé

No comments: