Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Friday, February 23, 2007

Going through the motions or not..of what?

Its friday evening.
No Masi this evening, I have an early flight to catch tomorrow.
I suddenly put down the book that I was reading and looked up.
Realised it was the third time I was listening to "Che gelida manina" from Puccinis' Opera La Bohème. Neither unusual nor pretentious as you would expect from somebody who shares the passion alongside Slayers "Christ illusion" cd. Different moods and situations lead to different musical channels to ensure fullfillness of the mood.Not many people know I hold a clarinet 8th grade diploma and have also played the piano.It's not really a conversation opener.
However, this evening is different. I've gone through some motions without realising until now.
Fridays are usually prebooked with a training session or meeting up with friends.
This evening I got home, filled up with fuel for the body as opposed to making food that I would consciously enjoy and just lay down on my sofa with book in hand, Opera in the background and a cup of espresso from my Vibiemme.
Something awoke me out of this subconscious slumber and I looked around at my living room. I don't have much in it despite its size and its almost a reflection of what I hold dear at this point in my life. hardly any furniture, 500 plus cd's, a box of my old records from an original 68 pressing of "help" to a double album from Michael Schenkers "live in Japan". It all came shipped from Scotland 20 years ago. A 500kr tv sits on top of a black stool in the middle, a horses head made of wood is in the corner, a present from the Swedish Championship dinner and Vänersborgs most loyal fan, two presents in glass given to me by a ladies team that I coached and stereo separates on the floor in no particular order. The walls are bear and have never had anything hanging on them and a lamp resting on an old pc running scsi disks gives me the light to read my book.And yet it's enough for the moment.
The book which I am reading is giving me the yearning to follow an instinct and the music is a reminder that despite virtually knowing every articulate word sung I still don't understand a word of Italian, so I hang on every word not actually knowing what is being said.This isn't usually the case with anything apart from Opera which mesmerises.

And here comes my point.There is no point.What happened.Something changed.Suddenly I'm at peace and content without having a terrible feeling attached.As opposed to previous experiences this one feels more genuine and for some reason I get the distinct feeling that I have turned a corner and at the same time don't know yet whats around it.

Earlier in the day I'd had conversations regarding the politics of America and how people in general over complicate discussions, arguments just for the sake of it.Keep it simple.Don't over complicate was my argument.Save the planet, cure cancer as opposed to building another fighter jet, is it so difficult? Corrupt world we live in.Seems like saving our own planet has become our own charity by submission to people who sign millions away on military contracts and the latest headlines read that we're eating ourselves to death faster than we're starving to death.
It's all fairly simple isn't it and somehow I feel as if I have to do more than simply argue my opinion.
I actually googled Buddhism today as I've become more and more interested in the philosophy.
celibacy and no drinking.I asked if there was a dress code to my fellow workers.Of course they didn't take me seriously and remarked that I would have to stop using the word "shagging". The 5th largest religion in the world prohibits the word "shagging"?
So, its been the big three today, Politics Religion and Sex.
As I said, a definite change is in the air, hence the words I wrote above.

Kiss. Keep It Simple Stoopid.
Battle plans for the 24th we're written down today.
Everything simplified.Basics applied. And then a sudden change.

hmmm...we'll just have to see what happens...

áyé

No comments: