Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Friday, February 23, 2007

The enigma files

This is a response to a report that was dropped on my lap.
Those who know.Know.
Those who don't understand.Buy an enigma machine ..

Leadership
This seems strange to be described as a weakness. If leadership was lacking then I would not have been able to take the squad further in any way. Certainly not have 5 straight wins almost all "against the odds" and down to the players playing to specific game plans. Troops will not follow a losing General.

Attitude
This may be considered a weakness. However my entire attitude is based on what I consider to be the most effective way for my team to progress either winning or improving. Accepting compromise off the field would suggest to the players that anything less than total dedication is unacceptable. If my attitude of wanting the best for my team, the **** team, offends some people perhaps they should question why it offends them and whether they have the same objective.

Planning
I will accept that planning is not my strongest area. This was an area of weakness that pointed out during my Coaching qualification. I have been fortunate in that my collaboration with NJ* (as NT manager) worked in such a way that most planning aspects were devolved to him, leaving me to concentrate on the more important aspects of coaching. The results of this collaboration are self explanatory.

Integrity
This is the only area of the evaluation where I take the criticism personally and indeed I find the comment deeply offensive.
I am a man of my word and I have not knowingly gone back on any of my statements to players or union personnel. Indeed it is a central part of my reputation that I do what I say and say what I do. The suggestion of anything to the contrary is wholly unwarranted and untrue.
Furthermore the very suggestion that I lack integrity is completely confounded by the results and statistics of my coaching record.
As with my point regarding leadership, if the players had not had complete faith and trust in my integrity we would not have been able to progress as we have.

**************************************************

The rest cannot be shown at this time but we shall see.Basically I would suggest a pitfall is on the way, but as a good friend of mine pointed out one shouldn't forget the entire history of events, like the murder of Julius Caesar by his closest allies and friends.The lesser known part of that story is the fact that he was also a highly respected leader of three legions that sat outside Rome and when they heard of his murder decided to cause havoc and murder. Troops can be loyal.
The next two months will reveil the plans of the busy little bees.And they have been very busy, but they have also forgotten some sense of loyalty and of course underestimated a few good men..

áyé

No comments: