Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Monday, February 12, 2007

Blue monday?Are you the scorpion in this tale...?

..actually not. Good times , good times.

Somebody reminded me of a wee tale from the "Crying game" which kindled a few trigger points.
Remember the wee story about the Scorpion and the turtle (or was that tortoise..)
Anyway, there they are staring across a river and the scorpion asks the turtle if he can ride on his back to reach the other side.
The turtle however looks at the scorpion and says
-"No way pal, you'll sting me and I'll die!"
to which the scorpion replies;
-" no way buddy, its you and me! I swear by everything I have, own , mum, dad, kids, wife, new ipod, flatscreen tv, landrover defender (words have been changed slightly...)
And the Turtle starts believing the Scorpions sincerity and gets persuaded;
"-Ok, jump on and off we go"..
So by now the turtle is working really hard against the stream and to ensure the safety of the scorpion, when suddenly the scorpion stings the Turtle..The turtle turns around and it its last breathe says;
- "I don't understand...we'll both drown as we're only halfway over...why did you sting me"?

-"its just the nature of things " replied the scorpion, as both drowned in the river.

áyé

No comments: