Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

IQ Fiskpinne?

It's always nice to meet up with new people and yesterday I was asked along to the local pub quiz to meet a friend and her husband and friends, nice people indeed.
It has been a hundred years since I last turned up to a quiz night and back then it was my best mate who asked the questions, possibly the most position quiz master you could have as instead of telling everybody to keep quiet during the questions he would poke fun at everybody and demand abuse! He was of course intelligent enough to intellectually beat anybody back with the lash of his tongue and I don't think I've ever seen so many people turn out for those evenings. It all ended when he moved back to Blighty.
My nickname back then was "Bodyguard" as he used to drink like a fish whilst I sat there with Coke or orange juice without saying very much, it was during my "building" period and I wasn't much of a drinker. So due to this people always thought I was taking care of him as he was ludicrous in just about every way..

Anyway, back to last night. Talk about feeling retarded..Now don't get me wrong, but I actually feel as if I've watched enough Discovery Channel programs and read enough "new Scientist" to be able to get through a quiz or t.p. evening...last night was a rude awakening...
Ok, Knowing that Richard Gere has jumped ship from being a scientologist to Buddhist isn't really something I'd expect to know, but the first commandment...that I should have known..
I was fortunate enough to be in a team of four so every now and again somebody saved the team with an intelligent answer but otherwise I kinda felt that this was more destructive for the intellectual ego than positive..
What the hell, met some really nice and interesting people and apparently they had never had such a high score, so one can only hope it was for my 50/50 guesses.
Would I do it again, of course!

áyé

No comments: