Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Do I look like a domestic terrorist...

I tried to get an early night knowing I would be up early to take the 0800 flight north, which meant of course two bus trips before I even made the check in.
Everything went to plan apart from waking up at 01.45 and then 05.10. Not sure why, perhaps habit. But I have to admit over the years I've got more and more wary and scared of flying.
Not sure why, maybe it was a friend of mine who is a flight technician at Arlanda told me too many stories about bumps you feel through your rear when landing and taking off.
It's not that I'm not used to flying, I made the trip from Edinburgh to Geneva on my own for over 10 years. I heard somebody says the anxiety comes from growing older, suffice to say every time I do fly I usually get very superstitious and ensure that I let somebody know what to take care of if don't return.
In the past I haven't been the best person to wake up with in the morning. So when walking through the metal detector to be asked to remove my shoes wasn't the best remedy.Added to the fact that I can say what I think I passed the comment "do I look like a frikken terrorist"..
You see, I reckon they're taking the piss. As I was alone walking towards three of them they probably decided to ruin my morning even more.
The reason I say this is simple. Consistency.The last time I caught the same domestic flight the "star gate" protectors made me unpack and remove the toothpaste from my bag, to be put into a separately sealed plastic bag. I was also asked to leave an orange juice that had more than 100ml of fluid..But today they never even mentioned my bag.Not a word.Today it was the humiliation factor of having to remove my shoes. So basically, its a fake.A domestic flight and three people so bored they decide to have a bit of fun.

By this time I'd surprised myself by already finishing the fiction book that I had started the evening before.This is a first for me. I have already replaced it with a book from the same author and a tip sent to me by somebody who obviously knows me better than I do.

I've had the pleasure of spending the day with my wonderful sons, whose youth make every conversation an adventure and memorable.
Today I was asked how old I was when the tv was invented..as well as why did Dolph wear mascara and every time Tia Carrerra came on naked they made a sound and looked away..i suppose watching "angel" in lingerie getting beheaded by a yakuzu warrior was a bit much but luckily they looked away.Didn't expect that to happen..
Our night has ended on a classic, "Way of the Dragon" with Bruce lee.
A proud father watches his two sons watch their first Bruce Lee just as i did in the 70's, as well as the cruelest of films featuring Fu Manchu. My grandmother used to set up the spare bed in her living room and let me watch these films when I was 7 years old on a small tv.Black and white of course. And I do miss those days and my grandmother. perhaps it's also from having my sons around me that makes me think back to when I was young and naive.
And now of course they want to follow the path of the dragon, which is of course better than chasing the Dragon, a heroin addicts biggest problem.Why? 'cos you never catch a Dragon..
It hasn't been an entire day of "Power Windows".Both Tv and Pc have been replaced by conversation.The only kind of conversation you can have with your own two sons about important aspects and less important aspects of life. The variation and topics cover an immense range and it's important to let them find solutions for themselves and not try and brainwash them with my own ideals.However, we do enjoy fighting each other physically into submission and they have been raised with Scottish character. Should be interesting when they're older as they do not embrace jantes law through their own judgements which is always interesting when it comes to getting notes home from school and the following phone discussions..

áyé

No comments: