Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Single fish supper please...

For those of you that have kept up with me and my scribblings you'll be aware that I'm single.
Not recent single either but due to my history it seems so.
I have a lot of single friends who have informed me of the beauty of life being single.No compromises, no this , no that..etc..you get used to it, you don't have to worry about late night sms and calls, you don't have to have the conflicts about this and that etc...I'm sure you get my point.
Now, I don't agree or disagree with their opinion as its each to their own.But one thing that has struck me as I walk through town or go out is how many times I see couples looking so frikken miserable. It's like they have gone through some ritual of ;
"it was fun for the first six months but after that its routine...right?..."

NO! WRONG! WRONG!

Your just not in the right relationship if you feel this way. I remember being at a dinner with an ex looking around at couples who basically looked as if they were at a wake and putting more effort into eating than actually speaking to each other, and saying;
" if we ever get to that stage then we split up..ok?"
We never got to that stage in restaurants but we still broke up.

"Christ, smile for Fucks sake" I thought to myself today.Misery, misery, misery
Back to that understanding of the understanding, the respect. If you don't wanna follow her to Ikea, or the cute little interior design shop that smells like a brothel due to the overuse of fragrance bags then tell her.Go through the motions, compromising to the routines? Why waste a day looking miserable.Wouldn't be better to say, see you in 10, I'm off to Hobbex to look at remote control helicopters , so when you meet up you can discuss what each missed..

I may be wrong. But whatever, I just feel there are too many unhappy looking couples out there and there is no reason to get there. Of course, you know your on the road to complete and utter ruin if you start planning a bath with candles on "myss fredag" on a Monday evening and actually understanding the concept that all couples start off wild but then things do settle down and that you do understand that once a week during the weekend is fine for sex as that's the way things are after a while...its normal...others are like that...

DON'T COMPARE YOURSELF TO THE WORST!

áyé

No comments: