Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Beautiful Tragedy

"Something good always comes out of something bad"..

I played devils advocate on his subject in a conversation yesterday.Its a cliche and what was put forward was a kinda summary of the tragedy that could turn into a "beautiful tragedy" as something came good out of it.

Hmm

In the words of the Virgin Mary, come again?

The word Tragedy and beauty to me are too far apart to be used in this context. There may be another word, but in this conversation this combination were used which i actually felt would be a good name for a song..
Looking at some examples I still played devils advocate as if there is a tragedy, lets say, somebody dies and due to this somebodies death it brings people together for the first time who resented each other, I still don't see this as something good.It just means they we're too pig headed or disrespectful to get on before, my point being of course, does somebody have to die before they could get on?

We went though several different tragedy combinations and still wearing the Devils advocate wig I still couldn't get to grips with the cliche.

I suppose on a world stage we can look at this...perhaps.The tidal wave that wipes out Thailand and Sri Lanka put a world on alert to look at making an early warning system that would reduce the threat. It still doesn't work and around 100 billion dollars of charity is still tied up by the governments, but we're trying eh..
And just like insurance companies, can we use natural disasters ? I mean, they don't pay out as you can only control the controllable.

I'm gonna have to get back onto this and consider it some more before defuncting the cliche..

áyé

No comments: