Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Egalitarianism..or not as the case may be..

Standing at the Ironsquare tonight, had to wait for 18 minutes for my bus to come along.
Cold chill tonight, temperature dropped to well below. I see a guy walking past and having a look in the bins for bottles or whatever and at the same time a taxi does a u-turn to pick up the regular "lilla lordag" types from "Queers and Steers".

These are the times I start thinking about how much we take things for granted. 18 minutes outside, even with a good jacket on , hat and neck warmer and I still feel relieved that the bus heater has warmed up the bus. Driving in the dark you notice the litup sign boards of the latest Citroen or the new ads for 4 plus with Våga or something..but what about the guy looking through the bins...

People who have been out perhaps , couples and singles alike get on the bus wearing labels and expensive boots, jackets.Mobile phones ringing in and out, mp3's getting plugged in to desensitised craniums..what about the guy rummaging through the bins..

Within a few minutes I start pondering over just how much we do take for granted. I'm not gonna rant and rave on about the homeless, or the alcoholics that have to move from the park.
I just sat on that bus wondering if they ever notice the sign boards, the pretty lights, most of the things we already take for granted.To them (and who is "them??) the last priority must be the ads, the dressed up window at NK . It's just such a different world of prioritys and in a way you have to wonder how and when did it start and if it can be stopped. I'm as guilty as the next guy, its just tonite the 18 minute wait stirred a thought that I brought home with me.

Nothing more, nothing less. Maybe I will buy a copy of faktum the next time I walk past a seller..

áyé

No comments: