Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Sunday to monday...

Been a pretty interesting weekend, having written about yesterdays hooligans smashing in the windows I'd just laid down my pen when I heard glass smashing outside from across the road.
I looked out and saw two rather devious looking guys walking away from a glass entrance door that they'd just broke and were followed by three young girls who also had a pit bull variant with them, obviously heading home to change the tyres on their house. So we should rename this weekend to "Broken Glass" I suppose.

Best wee snippet of the weekend came from my very good friend who had watched the Scotland versus Wales match and given me a call to tell me about his Whiskey tasting exploits. He mentioned just how cold it was during the game but that he was with a very organised family who handed out hot water bottles to all the ladies prior to kick off.Now that's organisation.

Anyway, he also mentioned how rough some of the pubs were around the area he was staying, in Dunbar, just a stones throw from where I bode.
He and his friend had frequented the local bar and asked the barman for a packet of cheese and onion chips, to which the barman had replied:
"this look like a fuckin Bistro, pal!"
Nuff said, basically even the dog carried a scar from all the brawls...

The Ireland versus France match was a fantastic contest and I felt the best team won despite a great effort by the Irish who missed their regular scrum half.

áyé

No comments: