- ► 2015 (39)
- ► 2013 (81)
- ► 2012 (58)
- ► 2011 (100)
- Recommended listening..
- fitting the Dimarzio pot
- Top Talent - Jack White
- Suicide Solution
- Gotta be right.......
- Freedom Kids Guitar Upgrade..
- Steve Vai "Die to live"
- A Charvel..well no, actually not....
- It's a must have...
- No Movement
- Todays pentatonic lesson...
- Presents...you always need more Guitar Stands!
- 43 today..
- todays pic..
- And here we go again...
- Pink Floyd win EMI court ruling
- Hot Rod #2
- Whitewash from Missy GAGA
- Hot Rod based on '27 Volvo Jakob...
- its the smaller details...84 kahler brass bell kno...
- cheap guitar with awesome sound example 1
- shit..got late and almost forgot..
- Sweet Home the way it was..
- just have too..
- how come I missed this...
- fingers and even more fingers..
- Art thru sound...Slayers sound to b exact..
- Leslie West DEAN Soltero Signature
- todays players...
- Thats what you call "dinky"...
- Jeff beck control...
- Customs and E
- ..always wanted to own one...
- SRV time again...4 different guitars..
- TVjones Powertron plus
- Winter training...
- The Lambo Muira Jota..thats all...
- u have mail...
- AC....a living legend..
- Over the rainbow..
- The ironies...
- Winter Olympics - Vancouver
- Dunlop MXR plug in...
- ▼ March (50)
- ► 2009 (98)
- ► 2008 (67)
Monday, March 1, 2010
u have mail...
Recieved a mail today that the next tone monster is on its way over the Atlantic.
There are a few decisions that have to be made with regards the body...paint, acrylic, nitro or stain?
Then we have the one pot or two pot set up, 250,500 or 1 meg pots, no load pot on the tone would be nice..
Tv jones Powertron...bridge plus or not? 4 conductor or not? short pole or not?
Then the bridge....406 pole to pole, .425 pole to pole, E to E , standard or vintage.. 3 brass barrels or 6 saddles ..3 or 4 screw
Its got a hot dog route in the rear so I'll have to drill 1 or 2 holes for the pots...
Then we can have Gretsch style arrow knobs...or..
Most importantly the enck is aligned with the body..as its a fat back C shape (Tone Monster neck) I figured I wanted some HD sperzels which I already have in the bag..10mm and vintage quality from z germans..
The neck is fitted with a bone nut which is one less headache...I reckon it would look good with three barrel string saddles on a chrome deck..which I could cut back to make more space on the deck..no plastic on the deck, gonna be clean lines. maybe 1 knob would be enough, you dont get any simpler and you can use the volume to darken the tone which I feel is a positive if faced with 1 knob.
Anyway, pics on the way once the parcel arrives. Gotta pack up The Paul to send off to find out if the guy wants to swap it for the Charvel.