Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Charvel..well no, actually not....

Well since it's Charvel week at the House of Gonzo I decided to have a look around and came across quite an interesting signature guitar of Mr Jake E Lee. I watched and met Mr Lee back in 1984 on the Ozzy Tour.
Never really listened very much to him so I can't really comment, at the time I felt there was no substitute for Rhoads so he never really got the chance he deserved in my case anyway.
Anyway, his fav guitar is aparently a 73/74 Fender hardtail (featuring a brass bridge) with a Fender bullet truss neck that is rubbed down by a mate from Charvel who after the fact decided to add the Charvel sticker after remoddelling the 70s CBS headstock to a more Charvel/fender vintage style.
Apparently to get the dive bomb effects he achieved without a trem was through a pedal.
Cool.




and his guitar solo from the same tour on said guitar..

No comments: