Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Thursday, March 4, 2010

TVjones Powertron plus



After several weeks of effort and also a letter to TVjones, I finally got the order through.
I decided on a three brass saddle savalas bridge which I intend on cutting down once the holes have been drilled for the bridge.

I also went the extra yard and extra 3 dollars to go for a nickel Powertron Plus Bridge with short poles included in the specific instructions and of course no ears to fit the route.Slightly overwound to PAF spec of around 8,5 but retaining the twang. This pup was a request from Billy Gibbons...so I'm sure I wont be disappointed.Also bought 2 dollars of compression rubber to assist the fit in the route.




So basically most of the hardware is purchased. As usual I'll go with a Gibson style input jack plate and they are solid.
I also have to decide if I want a tone pot or not prior to deciding what finish I'm after.ie painted, oiled or stained..as I need to bore a hole due to the hot dog mount in the rear. I like natural as well, so if the body is nice enough I may just oil her. Otherwise I'm thinking yellow as its one of my favorite colours..but we shall see..thing is, i actually dont mind not having a bleed, if it goes darker when only using one pot i'm fine with that. A clean deck, one pot , no pickguard..

No comments: