- ► 2015 (39)
- ► 2013 (81)
- ► 2012 (58)
- ► 2011 (100)
- Recommended listening..
- fitting the Dimarzio pot
- Top Talent - Jack White
- Suicide Solution
- Gotta be right.......
- Freedom Kids Guitar Upgrade..
- Steve Vai "Die to live"
- A Charvel..well no, actually not....
- It's a must have...
- No Movement
- Todays pentatonic lesson...
- Presents...you always need more Guitar Stands!
- 43 today..
- todays pic..
- And here we go again...
- Pink Floyd win EMI court ruling
- Hot Rod #2
- Whitewash from Missy GAGA
- Hot Rod based on '27 Volvo Jakob...
- its the smaller details...84 kahler brass bell kno...
- cheap guitar with awesome sound example 1
- shit..got late and almost forgot..
- Sweet Home the way it was..
- just have too..
- how come I missed this...
- fingers and even more fingers..
- Art thru sound...Slayers sound to b exact..
- Leslie West DEAN Soltero Signature
- todays players...
- Thats what you call "dinky"...
- Jeff beck control...
- Customs and E
- ..always wanted to own one...
- SRV time again...4 different guitars..
- TVjones Powertron plus
- Winter training...
- The Lambo Muira Jota..thats all...
- u have mail...
- AC....a living legend..
- Over the rainbow..
- The ironies...
- Winter Olympics - Vancouver
- Dunlop MXR plug in...
- ▼ March (50)
- ► 2009 (98)
- ► 2008 (67)
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
its the smaller details...84 kahler brass bell knob
If you have a look at the hotrod I put together with the JVSQ body and green pickguard with the gibson dirty fingers, you'll notice the brass knob that adorned the cts 1meg volume pot has now moved back where it belonged, on the brass schecter plate on the telecaster ( which incidently is back to front as the polished brass side looked outta place on the worn out body, it works though)..
I felt the brass tele knob actually stuck out too far on this rodder, so I started looking around and found a kahler 84-88 NOS fender style brass knob which I feel will suit the lines better.
Its a small detail but one that is important if your not 100%..
On the way are a few questions so to speak..I have an aged white 8 hole 1.6 mm 57 pickguard on the way which can either move onto the schecter iroko body or used for the Eric Johnson body thats currently parked up waiting for a neck. I feel the white would suit the tangerine body and the relic guard on her just now is a 62RI so the holes don't mount up..a small detail but anyway..
First though, drilling, sanding and swearing...
Finally..been asked to send a picture of my Black Strat for a possible swap for an 87 Tom Anderson...but I've really taken to the black relic and shes so lightweight and resonant..