Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Thursday, March 4, 2010

sometimes..

...I forget just how good some of the builds came together, and the 77 Blackie is really one of those that came together , having started out life as a '77 solid 10LBs Hardtail to a super light weight 74 bodied trem bodied relic.The body was actually sold as a 76 but after the purchase the person in Australia sent me a mail saying there had been a mistake and that it was in fact a 74..to be honest, even if it turned out to be 79 I wouldn't care (but would be surprised), the package sings! Even the original pups and pots all go together to making this a great relic. I understand why people pay the extra for the pre 75/74 guitars ( and of course earlier) if they weigh this little.Obviously the pre-74 pickups (staggered) are also meant to be impressive, but I have to say I'm happy enough with the 77's, specially now I wired them up with a tone pot for the bridge pickup..



Had a great session on her tonight and came up with some great rhythms which I have to get down asap.

No comments: