Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

finishing

Round one of the teak oil is finished. I'm gonna let the body dry 48 hours before I apply the next coat.
Then I went down to the local and bought , literally, a pot of open beeswax which I'll warm up and use once I'm happy about the richness of the oil finish.
There are a lot of different types of oils, and a thousand words written on each by all, however the quality of the teak oil by hedin is good enough as it apparently has small particles which ensures it seeps deep into the wood. You can see by the pics that the body is 50/50 which goes well with the neck which also has a white stripe nearing the top.At the same time I finally got the digit out and point a tool for 29 skr which will assist me in making small leader holes in the body/neck to fit the hardware. So this evening I made the marks and fitted the mini-schaller screws into the back of the neck. Job done, can't wait for the parts to arrive which no doubt will be after Easter but in time for when the finishing is finished, so to speak..
Some pics with flash, some without to show the grain.


2 comments:

Musician, guitarist said...

looks weird but i bet it´s gonna be great.

"Gonzo" said...

It really works with the neck due to the different dark/lite on the neck.Its raw, and its gonna sound it.