Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Sunday, March 4, 2007

Wexio 7's

So we headed down friday and arrived at 20.00.
First things first, change the single for a double as the guy driving the wheels would also need his own bed.
Meet up with some of the boyz from England to start the talks about some kit for club and country.
This also led to way too many beers, vodka redbull, rum and cokes and a night out in Wexio.
Good times, stories from across the globe and rugby tours in Thai land we're the main topic..I have to go there.
Saturday and we managed to oversleep..no surprise here..
Quick breakfast and headed down to Tipshallen to meet up with players.The concept of playing went away quickly as I was reminded just how large a pitch is..headache didn't help either...

N* went out and played for Pingvin and Hammerby as I walked around talking to coaches and players and watching the games.I wasn't really into playing at this point and it took the whole day before I put my boots on and played for the team that had the worst scores of the day, Spartacus.They had been hit by injuries and in my state I didn't really do them any justice..
Good fun though as I got frikken smashed by hitting a space which I knew was already covered by three Malmö players...reminds you of why you love the sport! Being SMASHED!

N* did a better job and the teams that impressed we're Hammerby and Enköping.

To be honest, most of the teams (all bar one) play a game I deemed to call "Drivel" as it aint sevens. We don't use the ball enough for the width game and instead we kinda run towards each other and then go into contact.You'd be lucky to see more than 2 passes before a collision and the numbers in the ruck we're a joke..men men, thats what were heading towards in the future.

Back to the hotel and we just chilled, good conversation whilst we had a swim in the pool and a bastu. As always its the best when your in good company and can have a good crack.
Rugby can give you some awesome experiences and some fantastic stories which to be honest must stay within the confounds of the bastu.Steak and chips for dinner , once again in good company with guys that know how to spin a tail..
It's true when they say that laughter is therapy and you should laugh as much as possible. We have done a lot!

Right, it's late,
(can't sleep, too much coffee..) Quiet night tonite, missed the "part 3 turn the page" but will catch up tomorrow.
See if I can get another game but without the stinking headache I've had all day. Coaches meetings booked in and players to watch..

áyé

No comments: