Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Monday, March 19, 2007

Bein' Oirish in the wrong place and the wrong time

If friday was quiet, the saturday wasn't, for today would be a day of rugby training, then 3 games at the Dubs which of course would have feverish Oirishmen drunk as skunk from 0730 in the morning with the tarmac Guinness poured all day.
Best comment of course came at the touch which had a record 24 players, and of course the comment came as "you may be bloody 40 but you have the legs of a 25 year old".Always nice to hear! Touch to me was the highlight of the entire weekend as it was the first time I managed to do the whole session without pulled hamstrings or sore knees, so whatever was happening a few weeks before must have got sorted.Awesome !!!!!!
It was also the last day of Frk clubhouse as we know it as the seniors moved all the furniture outside to rip the guts out.The new GRF has started.

"I'm I too old, is it too late? Where's the feeling gone, will I remember this song,The show must go on!"

For the second day in a row I donned the Hugo Boss suit as I felt this was correct for the age thing and made my way down to the dubliners for all day rugby.
France win championship giving Scotland wooden spoon, England get what they deserve from the Welsh and Ireland make Italy wake up and smell the Cappuccino.

Once again I ended the night early with some Famous and friends in good conversation and I feel that's enough to divulge into.

"I wanna go home, take off this uniform and leave the show"

As already pointed out Sunday was recovery day and an entire day of comedy was back on with a friend who needed help to stop some slight anxiety following the previous evenings activities..
That story would fill this blog but fortunately not mine to tell thank Christ...

"...was caught red handed showing feelings,
showing feelings of an almost human nature"

So now it's under a week to go before we head off to London and take on another adventure.
Planning and preparation have taken over and now its a simple case of performance and ensuring we don't lose anyone on the way.
Mondays a new day and as I said on Friday its time to turn the page and look ahead.

"The way you made them suffer, your exquisite wife and mother
feels me with the urge to defecate!"






No comments: