Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Tuesdays Time stands still

I'm not sure if I'm the only person who feels like something always happens with Time when the clocks get changed. Suddenly the weather changes and its not just because we get an extra daylight hour.
Of course, I managed to screw up my time anyway due to my trip to London. It took a while to work out, but basically when we flew to Blighty we changed the clocks back 1 hour. Then on sunday the clocks changed there so I put the clock forward.Then we flew back to Sweden and I walked around all day being very confused where I had lost an hour and what the time was. IQ fiskpinne.
Anyway, ever thought about the differences between Real time and motion versus what I would deem "Time standing still " syndrome.
You can't do anything about Real Time. The clock never stops ticking the first time your conceived, before you even know what gender you are.
T.S.S syndrome is how you perceive time yourself and I guess it must have a connection with time space and expectations versus fear. I say fear as there is a strange feeling when your waiting for something bad to happen that will happen, despite time being a constant things can appear to happen either very quickly or very slowly.
I wonder if this perception can be manipulated?If your smart enough to understand that time is a constant then it should be fairly obvious that its immaterial whats gonna happen.
However, this is where perhaps the other side of the brain that we know little about starts to kick in.And that normally spells trouble.
Some examples of time space brain perception manipulation.
1. waiting for your blind date to turn up versus waiting for your girlfriend to turn up.
2. waiting in a police cell where you know they'd rather wrap you up with blankets and give you a hiding as opposed to charging you.
3. Being asked outside a pub for a fight when your sober versus being asked when drunk.
4. When you plan a party without specifically inviting anyone and simply wait..

These are very basic examples and what I suggest you do is write down 5 examples yourself when you realise that despite knowing that Time is a Constant , in your own perception Time has either stood still for you or simply flown by.A good example is when your on your only holiday of the year after a busy working life..not too many go slow..

Tuesday today and in my own world Time stood still. I knew the factor behind the perception as well but simply couldn't convince myself that if I ignored the surroundings and switched off the grey matter it would resolve itself.Of course this tends to resolve itself but late in the evening where suddenly the clock is telling you its too late to be up.

Clichés are here for a reason and I believe "Time flys when your having fun" is somewhere in the equation. Maybe there is a definite link that were simply missing now the scientists are talking about Time Warp, as in they are trying to prove that time can be bent and put out of shape. hmm

áyé

No comments: