Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Another side of..

..Bob Dylan, who, to me...is always in Black and White.
In my world Dylan never made it past an acoustic and harmonica holding a bunch of lyrics which have forged a passion for years...but always in black and white.
Of course he'd never appreciate that as he moved forwards as he should have, but when I have Bob days for those days where you need to take a step back from the box we call "reality living", its a black and white day..
Now, I’m liberal, but to a degree
I want ev’rybody to be free
But if you think that I’ll let Barry Goldwater
Move in next door and marry my daughter
You must think I’m crazy!
I wouldn’t let him do it for all the farms in Cuba!
 
It's so weird when you spin a record...or should I say play it outta of a digital box..and suddenly memories scouring 25 years shoot through the grey solutions architect that we tend to carry around on our shoulders..
From those grieving days when self pity was the name of the day, to driving through Alabama on the way to Birmingham admiring the red necks of the over weight sheriffs reminding you of Sheriff Bruscoe..

No comments: