- ► 2015 (39)
- ► 2013 (81)
- ► 2012 (58)
- ► 2011 (100)
- Dennis Hopper , another victim of prostate cancer....
- get a couple of lads...and produce some tone..pota...
- say no more....and the guitar is ?
- poor quality but a real dig!
- No secret to my fav all time song...every version....
- Recommended listening...
- Real Real story...Jeff Becks Oxblood/chocolate pau...
- oh yes.....
- just had too...
- ...and a garlic nan?
- Good times...
- Another side of..
- Tomorrows review...R9..
- Reunion Gig...
- Ronnie James Dio passes away..
- ..and here she is..my prize..the Black Widow, isn'...
- EJ02002 slight Relic
- Tokai ..
- amazing thread...
- The Pikasso
- Ibanez Hoshino Gakki 100 Anniversary
- These past weeks...
- Random pics from the Creative TankRoom
- nuff said.
- A legend busking...
- Sunday at the FuzzGuitar show
- Jimmy age Influence...the ravi himself...plug into...
- what I really want...
- Cover to the propaganda comic book "Is This Tomorr...
- Ten Years Gone
- New Digital Camera
- back in the day..
- ▼ May (42)
- ► 2009 (98)
- ► 2008 (67)
Sunday, May 16, 2010
..and here she is..my prize..the Black Widow, isn't she lovely and so deadly
...those of you familiar with Alice Cooper with get the title...and Vincent Price of course who was in all the Hammer House of Horror films in my youth..
Anyway, here is the Gibson..year? not sure till I get the number out from behind the paint over, you can see a number very lightly under the paid and Made in USA stamp..so its 71,71,73,or 74.Well, the body is anyway..the rest is a bunch of gear from the early 60's original abr tuner, lightweight 63 tailpiece, 68 paf sticker pickups which have been used so much they have hardly any gold left on them, 59 Grover tuners..list goes on and on...the caps are bumble bees...the height adjuster wheels and posts are 61..so yes, it looks like its really old and used and abused and to be honest it has..fretless wonders are still original and its not the easiest guitar I've ever tried to play..its been over painted through its life, its had a crack between the volume and tone pot...its had it's neck broken and gone through rehab and repair...but..it's still a very special guitar which you have to play to really understand why these guitars were the guitar that you plugged into a Marshall and played Rock.