- ► 2015 (39)
- ► 2013 (81)
- ► 2012 (58)
- The Barden Tele on loan
- Back in the day!
- One of the best live bands
- heres a diagram..
- Chaincase replacement
- Jackanory with a message.....
- Russell/Muzzy '92
- Great memories and the start of Sleipner!
- Super Friday!
- the greatest spam mail ever?
- ..so..here are the differences...in japanese...
- God damnit, do a world tour!
- 1056 peavey evh amber 1st year quilt...serious wea...
- Houston...we have a problem...
- ..lots if work here...
- This is one thing that.. I was gonna wait a while ...
- hmm..project started with a swing..perhaps...
- When a John Birch is unavailable...
- rear tyre ordered
- OEM Screen
- Plastic fantastic...my arse!
- Rush playing Stockholm tomorrow nite...
- Elmwood 3100
- Really nice tele
- New battery and theres some life in the bitch!
- ▼ May (27)
- ► 2010 (281)
- ► 2009 (98)
- ► 2008 (67)
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Houston...we have a problem...
There are a few guitars I own which really blow me away when it comes to their feel and tone, and the R9 is deffo one of them..
Tonite my mate came over, he's what you would term a "proper" guitarist, and he hadn't played her since I'd fitted the slider scatterwounds..he was very impressed, and thats no easy thing!
Once he'd left I kept playing her and all of a sudden she died in the neck pickup...just before this happened there something , hard to explain...happened..and then nothing..it was like a ...how could I explain..like "squeezing juice through a press with too small a holes"...like over distorted and then nothing...
This wasn't the first time the neck pickup had played around..the last time was a poor solder to the oil caps..
gutted! from warmth to cold in milli-sec. I took the back off and fiddled but nothing...
Think this time I'll take her to the shop to be looked at..