- ► 2015 (39)
- ► 2013 (81)
- back to the smoking stacks tomorrow
- Bike weekend.
- plans for the 77..
- Legend. Tone legend.thats all folks...
- so..delighted with the srv neck project which so...
- ..out of the ashes of 1 project..comes others...
- pics from the workshop today...
- Nickel n Gold musical chairs...
- P#3 Body arrived today
- Bandage removed!
- Project #3T
- Only EVH would remove the neck pup
- No Right hand but time on my hands...
- Steve Jones Aged Les Paul Custom shop
- todays exotica included...
- lurking Fuzz...and some BassBalls...
- favorite album cover..taken from a 1976 Hustler fr...
- completely random but cool pic
- just as well be with the trash...
- testing a few of the pedals with the Washburn Bant...
- The most insane bike ever built?..it's up there......
- Just a cool pic of a cool chic..Juliette Lewis
- things may be different after tomorrow, Jim..
- To look forward to...
- YEC pistons for R1 show same indentation as myster...
- OW01 titanium rod and piston
- work in progress part 2
- Right then..check list..
- ▼ January (35)
- ► 2011 (100)
- ► 2010 (281)
- ► 2009 (98)
- ► 2008 (67)
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
so..delighted with the srv neck project which sounds really great and resonates well...I started thinking about the 77 hard-tail but couldn't bring myself to take a scalpel out and route the beast for a bucker...instead, I thought it would be neater and an improvement to look at adding the new H/S pearloid guard to whitey to make her pearly now, and fit in the vintage sds-1 in the neck and retain the tim shaw Gibson dirty fingers in the tail..great combo from the analog days!
I'd completely forgotten that I'd actually fitted a 1 meg pot before to the DF bucker. This usually increases the higher treble frequencies..the idea now is to fit a Malsteen 250k pot to actually darken up the sound. Although I have to admit, the DF sounded brilliant with the 1 meg pot and of course the Malsteen brass nut that I fitted..
To ensure the SDS-1 fitted in the neck pocket without fixing the routing, I cut back the cover which makes it look the business as well.
Just waiting for a few parts to finish her off and then the solder will be out again.
On the way there is a claw kit complete with springs which is just about all this one needs. At the same time a set of gold bridge screws will be fitted to SRv and the nickel originals moved back to Pearly.
I'm also thinking of making another hole for a tone pot and using a really heavy cap to darken up the sound even more.