So in the corner of the room lies an SRV signature neck with tuners just waiting for a body..
Times are always a wee bit tougher now in the dark months and I hadn't really been planning on building another project..
..however...on the bay the other day I noticed a rather interesting body that was down at 3 pounds 14 ounces with a gloss sunburst..Made in USA and swamp Ash the price with shipping was under 195 bucks.. What had me mostly interested in the body was that it was routed HSH...and I have a couple of humbuckers in the bag at the moment..2 Burstbuckers ( #2 and a #3) and of course the Duncan Antiquity that came out of the 56 les paul junior...
Now one of my favorite builds was the white single humbucker special I put together with the Gibson Dirty Fingers humbucker which had the warmoth pro neck with birdseye maple and brazilian fretboard which I added a brass nut to.
So I thought I'd make this next build a single humbucker special with a pearloid single H pickguard on a high gloss and low weight 3 tone tobacco burst body..Gold fittings and Pearloid with a charvel brass knob for the single volume pot as I'll run the humbucker straight out without a tone pot..
What will be interesting is the fact that the Duncan A 59 will be more vintage and weaker than the DF which should give some great results when driven through the marshall...
Another point of interest will be the fact that the 12" radius neck and size of the SRV signature neck should be interesting when strapped onto such a light weight body..
I'll post pics when she starts coming together..
- ► 2015 (39)
- ► 2013 (81)
- back to the smoking stacks tomorrow
- Bike weekend.
- plans for the 77..
- Legend. Tone legend.thats all folks...
- so..delighted with the srv neck project which so...
- ..out of the ashes of 1 project..comes others...
- pics from the workshop today...
- Nickel n Gold musical chairs...
- P#3 Body arrived today
- Bandage removed!
- Project #3T
- Only EVH would remove the neck pup
- No Right hand but time on my hands...
- Steve Jones Aged Les Paul Custom shop
- todays exotica included...
- lurking Fuzz...and some BassBalls...
- favorite album cover..taken from a 1976 Hustler fr...
- completely random but cool pic
- just as well be with the trash...
- testing a few of the pedals with the Washburn Bant...
- The most insane bike ever built?..it's up there......
- Just a cool pic of a cool chic..Juliette Lewis
- things may be different after tomorrow, Jim..
- To look forward to...
- YEC pistons for R1 show same indentation as myster...
- OW01 titanium rod and piston
- work in progress part 2
- Right then..check list..
- ▼ January (35)
- ► 2011 (100)
- ► 2010 (281)
- ► 2009 (98)
- ► 2008 (67)