- ► 2015 (39)
- ► 2013 (81)
- back to the smoking stacks tomorrow
- Bike weekend.
- plans for the 77..
- Legend. Tone legend.thats all folks...
- so..delighted with the srv neck project which so...
- ..out of the ashes of 1 project..comes others...
- pics from the workshop today...
- Nickel n Gold musical chairs...
- P#3 Body arrived today
- Bandage removed!
- Project #3T
- Only EVH would remove the neck pup
- No Right hand but time on my hands...
- Steve Jones Aged Les Paul Custom shop
- todays exotica included...
- lurking Fuzz...and some BassBalls...
- favorite album cover..taken from a 1976 Hustler fr...
- completely random but cool pic
- just as well be with the trash...
- testing a few of the pedals with the Washburn Bant...
- The most insane bike ever built?..it's up there......
- Just a cool pic of a cool chic..Juliette Lewis
- things may be different after tomorrow, Jim..
- To look forward to...
- YEC pistons for R1 show same indentation as myster...
- OW01 titanium rod and piston
- work in progress part 2
- Right then..check list..
- ▼ January (35)
- ► 2011 (100)
- ► 2010 (281)
- ► 2009 (98)
- ► 2008 (67)
Friday, January 27, 2012
plans for the 77..
I've found it too hard to consider routing out the 77 hardtail..
The guitar (body, neck and neck plate) all came from the Isle of Wight and it just seems wrong to start cutting her up. This thing weighs in the same as a les paul , the heavier ones...so it's got a pretty special sound.
I came across a genuine Fender brass hard tail plate from the 80s which I picked up.I'm not sure if people understand that these parts made by fender were 22 carat gold electroplated and brass makes a wonderful ring to the sound.
There are a few options for this combo.We shall see.
I was happy that several parts dropped through the letterbox today, so the SRV p#3 got its black back cover and gold bridge screws and whitey got a claw and springs kit, so now I'm only waiting for a 3 way switch.Once that arrives I can solder up the DF and SDS-1 and see what the results are from that guitar.