- ► 2015 (39)
- ► 2013 (81)
- back to the smoking stacks tomorrow
- Bike weekend.
- plans for the 77..
- Legend. Tone legend.thats all folks...
- so..delighted with the srv neck project which so...
- ..out of the ashes of 1 project..comes others...
- pics from the workshop today...
- Nickel n Gold musical chairs...
- P#3 Body arrived today
- Bandage removed!
- Project #3T
- Only EVH would remove the neck pup
- No Right hand but time on my hands...
- Steve Jones Aged Les Paul Custom shop
- todays exotica included...
- lurking Fuzz...and some BassBalls...
- favorite album cover..taken from a 1976 Hustler fr...
- completely random but cool pic
- just as well be with the trash...
- testing a few of the pedals with the Washburn Bant...
- The most insane bike ever built?..it's up there......
- Just a cool pic of a cool chic..Juliette Lewis
- things may be different after tomorrow, Jim..
- To look forward to...
- YEC pistons for R1 show same indentation as myster...
- OW01 titanium rod and piston
- work in progress part 2
- Right then..check list..
- ▼ January (35)
- ► 2011 (100)
- ► 2010 (281)
- ► 2009 (98)
- ► 2008 (67)
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
YEC pistons for R1 show same indentation as mystery pistons for Owl
This is great news as I now believe the pistons with the Ow01 are indeed 12,8 comp 3 ring YEC kit pistons which are in new condition.
That makes the race engine complete but still requiring a lot of clean up which I'm planning to do myself.
Everything will have to be cleaned and measured. Back in the day I rebuilt my 1100 WT engine and blue printed the engine to a point and the ow01 will require precision.
Whilst I scoured the web for these pistons I also came across some interesting pictures of a Ferrari F1 racing car. Talk about lack of skirting!
..and something you don't see everyday, a genuine NR750 spam piston kit...no prices..