Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

..out of the ashes of 1 project..comes others...


Some of the parts were stripped from the 77 boat anchor hard tail strat..so, when the new parts came in I starting thinking...maybe this guitar is destined to be a rhythm monster! It's on the same weight scale as a Gibson les paul custom , ie around 10/11/12 lbs...
so maybe this would be the guitar to route for a bareknuckles warpig humbucker and sds-1 in the neck!
Think it suits the pearloid guard that arrived today...


last winter I got bored and for a craic stuck the worst parts I'd amassed from fleabay together..i was actually surprised by the result as it played..however I  had to strip her of some parts to put the otehrs together..however, what I found interesting was the strap holders that I had on her are the same apparently as used by SRV on the genuine Lenny guitar...those actually came from the Gibson R&D shop...

No comments: