- ► 2015 (39)
- Fuel Pump Update
- Rollie Free on the Vincent Black Shadow..
- Britten at the Ulster Grand Prix
- Just some pics of the Unicorn of 748s...the Ducati...
- Termignonis and carbon clutch cover...
- Quality Parts from Germany
- All in....
- Ducati 748s
- The Expensive Necessity
- Fuel Pump update
- Supercharged Brough Superior
- THRUST SSC to Bloodhound
- for the hell of it...
- OWL's should have had a hinged tank...
- White Vinegar?
- One step forwards, two steps pump...
- Ow01 parts arrived as well
- More parcels than Santas Grotto!
- The Waiting game!!
- s'what we're talkin' about!!...ALL IN...!!!
- Where there's muck there's brass....
- the road bike..
- Delayed ..
- same same but different..
- RRT rearsets left over from 2 years ago should so ...
- One of the hard parts to source...
- Start Up
- Trains, planes and automobiles...
- fluctuating prices and the luck of the draw...
- BARN FIND....
- bag a bolts...
- Pikes Peak and the Peugeot 208 T16.....
- Sleipner still alive...
- All projects deserve a scribble black book
- Basketball? Bikes a cracker mind...
- ZXRR project parts pickup
- Great picture
- ▼ July (39)
- ► 2012 (58)
- ► 2011 (100)
- ► 2010 (281)
- ► 2009 (98)
- ► 2008 (67)
Monday, July 8, 2013
the road bike..
So, now that the ZXR has disappeared, and now that I have started buying up parts to build another one..I failed to read the small print in the insurance papers which states that they only pay out to a person who I buy a Swedish registered bike from.
I worked out the numbers and realised that I wouldn't have the ZXR project up and running asap and if I wanted to enjoy the rather short summer I'd have to get something turn key for the road.
As usual, I decided to go for a bike that would be slightly challenging...a 2001 Ducati 748 s .
Currently getting pushed through a workshop and MOT the pickup is in a few weeks as the belts are to be changed and all the rest...
..obviously the bike has no service history...well obviously...I'm buying it...To date I've never owned a buy that had a stamped service history, so nothing new there...
A few things here...it's a beautiful bike. It's the same colour as my racing Harley...it's a twin..
so back to that then :)