Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

You've got stuckin a moment and u can't get out of it!

No, it hasn't been a case of writers cramp, it's more a case of being stuck in a moment that I can't get out of!
Somethings just can't be put into words and especially promoted on a blogg.

Suffice to say the trip to Marseille was a welcome break away from business as usual where I wasn't the person who was expected to have all the answers plus the increase of pressure where results come in.
The only negative to going to Marseille was the fact that we had to sit inside working out ground values as opposed to being in the 20 plus degrees down at the beach! I got everything wrong anyway as I couldn't understand why the value of integrity would not be included on the list as well as honesty and the only word that really was taken as the word of the entire conference was respect. Quite ironic considering my circumstances to be honest.
Respect of course wasn't used when booking the rooms as I ended up sleeping with a bloke in a double bed with just the one cover..I did laugh though after the first night as I crawled into bed after one too many pastis as he asked me if I wanted a massage.
It kinda shows though how we blokes are, as nobody cared that we would all be in the marital suites and everybody put up.Probably knew we'd not be in any fit state after our evenings out on the strip.
Now, as I don't usually drink so much due to training I see an opportunity when a company is paying for the wine and beer.So a small clique of pro's got together and knocked back as much as we could muster before moving onto the harder stuff like tequila and bloody Marys.
Out of everyone who I would approach and talk too, to my surprise it was the air hostess from Spain that got the call.It can be, as they say, a very small world indeed and you can imagine my astonishment when I got on the return flight to be greeted by the same woman.The difference was in the hair.
The Ciggs were replaced by Cigarrillos and I was purchased a packet of condoms by a married member of the group but they seemed to have a rubber band on them as they never made my pocket.Yeah, like they were for me..As believable as the Gorilla suit, banana and live sex show..which was in fact very believable..
Saturdays workshop resembled a wake after several people had unknowingly purchased 2 litre "grande pression" rounds..At breakfast I felt like a Pate de Foie Goose as it seemed like I had to force feed myself. I managed to astonish the group by bringing up the Dalia Lama and do a stand up regarding the importance we people put on the wrong sides of what is important.It was quite nice to be rather patronised after with comments like , " we never knew you could ever actually be serious about anything"..I took that as a compliment as opposed to the majority of casket carriers..
In the time I was in Marseille I managed to witness two gang fights.Its a fine thread to exploding around there with two factions seeming to enjoy marking their pissing territory.That's all it was to be honest as opposed to gratuitous violence, maybe apart from somebodies head being attempted to pass through a glass screen.. I hung around on one just to ensure that one of the youngsters didn't get any trouble as that wouldn't have been right.The second fight was a different league of gang where everybody had been hitting the free weights and the CRS where called in as well as Beach security.Young testosterone at max with handcuffs finally been drawn by the deputy's..
Sunday was meant to be happy tourist walkabout so I found a park bench in the sun and crashed with the other local AA members. It was awesome, warm breeze and not a care in the world solving solutions that only come up in that relaxed state."Since I've been loving you" by Zepp on repeat and thats all you need for a couple of hours.The night before had been a 0400 job with a couple of workmates which ended up in a Unic pub which was probably one of the last of its kind in the centre of town, rough and ready and run by a retired working girl with an rather confident barman with popeye forearms.Sunday Morning was definitely a case of pissing gasoline after all the amber nectar.
Of course the french cuisine also made the trip rather special and the wine list would have made any eyebrow raise, which makes our carry out of three bottles of the local screw top covering rose, red and more rose very sad..at 3euro a bottle I think they syphoned the local drainage system. But in classic Swedish tradition we sat and syphoned the syrup like pre-study to a project of the doing the helicopter on the pub table..
Basically, the moral of the story is that if your getting three days away in Marseille and its pretty much paid for , you may as well let your hair down (if you have any) and enjoy yourself. It was real good to see that our clique embraced the idea whereas others deserved a straw, a wheelchair , a balloon and a handicapped toilet as they were so judgemental and dreary that not even a dosage of mustard on the starfish would have spooked life into their party.I felt rather sorry to watch people more than 10 years my younger unable to lighten up and drop the mask..
Would I go back? Sure I would, in fact the trip to Monaco is definitely on I reckon as it's just up the road as well as Nice.
The trip back started at 0400 in the morning and of course we were expected to work.
Gbg invited us back to the harsh reality of rain and overcast weather and once again the flat embraced me with the past couple of weeks adventures still reminding me that I'm still catching up since my two days of bad sushi.

I've gotta get myself together as I'm stuck in a moment and I can't get out of it.

áyé

No comments: