Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

The day of the "Sneer" and failing in the dish chore


"Well, You Wore Out Your Welcome With Random Precision"........

Today did not start out so well. I'll script this episode;

07,05 I make my down to the bus stop feeling rather "all that" now that I have got my warmer clothes gear on....
07.07 Standing alone at bus stop having decided not to run for the 160 to Central station as I didn't want to look uncool if I'd missed it...I do have to face these people everyday..
07.09 Whilst standing in the bus shelter I get joined by a certain person mentioned previously on this site..
07.09.30 secs I have a quick deek
07.09 31 secs ´I get the up and down look followed by a frikken sneer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
07.09 32 secs I try and evaporate into thin air.....as self esteem gets lower than a limbo dancer with a snapped vertebrae..
The bloody cheek! Just 'cos I don't take 2 hours to perfume my garden doesn't mean I deserve a frikken sneer..should have known by the perfection look..dammit.whateeeeeeever...

This didn't take the shine off my day regardless. I suggested the office should go out to the Golf range.It's a gas if you have never tried it. Of course coming from the country where gold was actually invented for the common man it's still hard to believe a game about a stick and a ball has such become the leader in trying to be something it was never meant to be. If you forget about most of the ham shanks who use it as a way of advancement or deals, or simply as they want to wear the latest "all that" and buy some graphite sticks then its actually a lot of fun to hit balls on a range and see who hits the furthest. I'm game anyway.Its really relaxing in the summer.

After work and I met up with the TV report that did a piece about me last year. We had a good chat and she may sort out a film crew for a senior national men's test in May. Apparently I was made for the screen, well this is what I'm told by people..(not sure about their dog and stick though..)

Wednesday was the cleaning up day of course.And its about time. The problem with all the short trips across the country or abroad is the fact that things start building up without you noticing until it's too late. Suddenly your going away again and you have around 5 full loads of laundry, no white shirts left and the tie is under all the rest of the clothes that you first covered the bed with but then , once tired, moved them onto the bed and all over the shop.It is now at the point that I wouldn't invite anyone up , or not without locking the bedroom door!

And then I have my infamous and completely useless way of "dealing" with the dishes. It usually starts with 1 coffee mug in the sink which I fill with water before running out to catch a cab to the airport or bus to work depending on schedule.Then I get back tired and add a plate, deep or flat and another mug and fill the sink with boiling hot water, too hot for human hand, in order to "prepare" the dishing and ensure the the grease comes off.
Problem is that's when I forget about it and leave it.
Next day comes and the water is cold...and I add the breakfast mug and plates..empty the water to stop the malaria and refill with boiling water with the intention to do them later...
Then I get home, change and go for a run, get back, shower and fall on the sofa and listen to music.The water is once again cold and I'm knackered and not in the mood..so guess what,I empty and refill again and this goes on and on until about tonight when I realise if I don't do them I'll probably catch malaria...
So, at around 12.00 tonite I will finally attack the dishes...or will it be a refill...
I honestly believe I'm the only person in the world to have just about finished a YES bottle without actually washing the frikken dishes...and I wonder why she couldn't deal with it..
The ultimate irony is that I actually gave away a bench dishwasher as I felt it was a waste of time and money as I didn't have enough dish to justify using it...

So once the rest of the house "chores" (sounds like Cindafrikkenrella") were done I headed off for some rehab at the keso/Chicken/Coffee Bar, aka the gym.

The end of the day reared its ugly head.yes, once again in the face of attrition I received the second sneer. Unbelievable. I don't even wanna discuss it...It ain't the first of April so it ain't no Aprils fool.

Well, whatEvA, I suppose. The earth still rotates, Aliens haven't attacked (although the sneers would suggest something else..) and life is full of expectations.

áyè


"On the turning away from the pale and down trodden"

No comments: