Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Friday, April 6, 2007

The nature of reality..the essential gonzo67, provocative thoughts?..

During my trip I was surrounded by a bunch of electronic gadgets for media and sound, pens and paper but none of that left a mark as well as a banana..
You see, in the middle of this reality that I have written about previously I found myself pretty hungry and I'd taken a couple of bananas from work as the office would be closed over Easter.

I paused the game and used the time to change the minidisc. I took up one of the bananas and noticed how soft and brown it was. What happened next was a dawning on reality.
You see, in the past i would never have eaten that banana. I would have thrown it or left it and taken a more ripe banana. And it was this thought that suddenly dawned on just how spoilt we / I have been. And with that came a realization that this applies to many things that we / I have taken for granted and when you hear about the mountains of food excesses that get lost on a daily basis you do start understand that it has to start with the individual.
This may sound simple, but in this very case it was my own reflection and confession to myself and of course realisation that i wouldn't have eaten that banana if I'd had another choice. Some people don't even have one option.they starve.Who am I to have the right to be so spoilt?
So for the first time ever, no joke, I ate an over ripe banana and in that moment felt a step forward in my understanding of understanding.

I know.I have written before regarding human relationships the necessity of understanding the understanding and to try and take this one step further one must consider intellectual and Experiential understanding.There is a huge difference.
intellectual understanding is the more superficial within our society and is based on how much one has read, studied and basically reason arguments of superficial understanding.
The experiential understanding is harder to develop (banana is a good sit.) but is deeper and comes from positive qualities from within ourselves.There are a lot of emotions and feelings around this level of understanding and as we know both can be very destructive, so to reach that deeper experiential level which takes a lot of self reflection and practice, you also find that it can only come with experience(s) and time which of course cannot be rushed.

I would be the first to admit that I still see myself as being a young person for my human number in years and having left home at the age of 15 has had many experiences, which is why i find it so positive that even now I can be sitting on my own in a train with gadgets and a banana and have a dawning and sudden understanding for the first time.

As I wrote, it all starts within ourselves and perhaps the present phase, as the future is an unknown quantity (and I'd rather concentrate on the journey) will be a massive turning point and bring something new and positive to the table.
On the other hand, perhaps I had to eat the banana as i had no cash and couldn't be bothered using my card at the over priced bistro...

áyé

No comments: