Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Friday, January 29, 2010

Blues Power....

Despite the fact that they invented the blues, then got pissed at Mr snowflake for trying to play the blues that they then moved on to something deliberatly more difficult which is what we today call, Jazz...Mr Albert King still wasn't satisfied, so he decided to string his guitar upside down and play in some interesting tunings..didn't use a plectrum either if I recall...huge pulldowns on the high E's..

He probably was right handed but decided to play lefty just to try and make it a wee bit more difficult...

Takin' the piss a bit, really...



Now..if you haven't bought the SRV with Albert session..feel that your missing something in your collection....



Stevie was apparently a bit shy due to the presence of his Idol...either that or he was scared the big man may swallow him..
I do like the look of the SRV fender..looks like the one in my living room...

and just some banter and a wee bit blues..I have the cd and I wish I could find the version of Blues at sunrise on youtube..maybe I'll have to source the dvd..

No comments: