Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Saturday, January 23, 2010

62 trial and test

So, following on from yesterday and getting the gear together, I stuck some 10/52s on the #2 and plugged her in.I lowered the string height after checking the truss rod and raised the pick ups.After sorting out the pitch/intonation which went quite fast, with the saddles not requiring much attention.

I was interested in how the noload neck/bridge pickup would work out.
The genuine fender noload mastertone pot surprised me to how much of an indent it has compared to my homer, but it works well.
The blender gives a great effect between bridge and neck.Its really added a great tone dimension to the norm.Not sure, but I think the pot is also having an effect on the middle pup as well....don't think that was intentional, but the guitar sounds awesome! Great feel through the body and really acoustic, the 5 springs in the back are wound pretty tight and really ring off.

Really happy with the result from these pups which are really impressive. Wish I could get more info about them, the only thing I have is that they're not readily available over the counter from the custom shop and that they only came on the 59 thinskin collector series guitars.They are scatterwound and sound the business.

I'll upload some pics of the completed #2 next.




Plans for the schecter have changed slightly with the white single ply pickguard which I bought as an OEM fender replacement piece.One of the holes doesn't line up and I dont actually think the white suits the tangerine.So I think it will end up being black again with all black 77 fender plastic.
Pickups will be a trial and error but comprise of dimarzio fs 1, YM2, and possibly a Eric Johnson custom shop in the neck..we shall see..

No comments: