Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Sunday, June 13, 2010

World Cup, division 6 , Rugby 7's and a couple of tinnies...

Been a whirlwind weekend which started with a Rugby tournement on saturday which ended up with me refing a few games and watch my local club win their respective district championships, then it was straight home ( fortunatly the rain stopped a while during the day) , pack some beer and pasta, put the R9 into her case and head down to watch the Argentina - Nigeria match at Silvers.
Obviously the football could wait as he had a shot on the Gibbo and I once again had a chance to listen to some of his new songs at demo level. Outstanding and of course envious one can't just write a tune and record to that level in your bedroom. Think the tunes will be a huge success and I'm eager to follow the projects, including the willingness to loan him the 59 for any backing rhythms required!
Football and some listening to different styles of music ended with a rather interesting check mate and Mr Vai came in with his angular playing style and HUGE sound , going head to head to Joe Satriani and "souls of distortion"...this was interspersed with Deacon blue, The Magic numbers and a host of other styles of music. Good times indeed!

The evening ended in an English pub listening to fans of England chatting "we're shit, and we know we are" as I had a chat about the usual pish...


Sunday morning always starts slow for me, this was no difference and by the time I noticed the time I was packed and walking down to the football club with the info in my phone that I would be starting in the away game against Nol. Oh , not right wing....
suffice to say my legs are now shagged and I'm feeling my 43 years! Its awesome to sit and play some patterns on the Gibson, just dont get tired of the sound unplugged...

No comments: