Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

musical chairs...

So now the projects are set up for the up and coming grey skys.

The 78 telecaster is currently carrying a set of Rio Grande Vintage Tallboys which as advertised are the ultimate chicky chick chick.
However, I may set in the Sliders hand scatterwound set that I have currently split up, with the Alnico 5 sitting unused.The bridge Rio Grande will make its way back in to the oddball telecaster from whence it came.Still undecided, but it has to be said the Sliders scatterwound are recommended.

The 77 strat is currently carrying 2 vintage Dimarzio sd1's and an FS-1, also vintage.I have another sd1, but I may instead look to try and get a set of 77 fender originals to make her 100% original.That leaves me with 3 Dimarzio sd1s and an fs 1 which may end up in the telecaster mentioned above which has 2 strat pups and a tele bridge.

That leaves me with 5 vintage dirty fingers , 2 of which have split coil options.
Maybe stick a set in The Paul from 78.

In the bag o bits I also have knobs, covers and a bunch a stuff including screws, aged or otherwise which I can use to build up the latest project.And thats the one that will be the most challenging and rewarding.

The JVSQ body is light and hopefully sen ash as opposed to basswood.Its a poly coat but its a keeper.Next step is to get the 4 bolt warmoth rosewood neck to fit onto the 3 bolt configuration.Haven't decided yet if I will leave this to a luthier or not.One thing for sure is that I wont ruin the neck bolt config.
Next will be an ivory green fatboys pickguard, 62ri.And then the question is whether to reuse the bakelite covers and knobs on sami mk1 and borrow the relic covers and knobs from there or simply get another set.
The pickups and electronics are of course another question mark, although I do have 2tone pots that I can use as well as a 5 way switch.All CTS.
Vintage wiring of course.

Right, next move for here will be pics of whats already done.Just have to get the pics snapped.

No comments: