Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday nite workshop

Finally got round to fixing some of the details that needed fixing..

First the 77 fender strat relic had the neck off as I tried to mate it with the JV body.I thought this would be the best time to remove the vintage Dimarzio FS-1 sandwiched between the 78 Dimarzio sds-1s in the bridge and neck position.Didn't think it ever really worked in the middle, could be that its not a ceramic.I'd been donated another sds-1 so that went into the middle and now the hardtail spoils 2 inline sds-1s.After the bolt on I plugged and played...awesome sound!Pics to follow!

Then "The Paul" needed its bridge pup readjusted as one of the bolts had run out of threads. Looking in the pile, I found a genuine M69 pup ring and used that instead of the item fitted.This seemed to be slightly lower and better for the springs and screws.
What an under estimated guitar this is, I thought.Original first year with ebony neck and walnut body what really makes it work are the pups.
In the neck, a setmour duncan 59 putting out some serious juice..
In the bridge, a one of.Started life as a Gibson 57 classic with 2 conductor wire.The previous owner wanted 4 conducter, so the pup was rewound for 4 wire.i bought ot intending to use it in a Jimmy page wiring set up and I really wanted something unpotted.So I bought the pup as nobody else seemed remotely interested in a classic 57 rewound for 4 conductor.Its a strong bridge pup with a great sound.
The Paul is a fantastic guitar which can be had for a very cheap price.

No comments: