Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Monday, May 7, 2007

Jeez..

So have I been locked away in the quiet room for so long? (Obviously not with nurse Rozetta)..

Life has been so busy that I've finally come down to earth which in my case means about 5 days of laundry and a flat that really needs a spring clean, and thats an understatement..
So, since my last post I've been rushing around the country watching some sport , and I ended up in Uppsala for the Valborg celebrations.
Basically it was like going back in time from the times I lived in Uppsala. Ironically Sweden traditions are mainly centred around drinking as much alcohol as possible and making a complete ass of yourself.With the 1st of May tradition we add a lot of youth in white dresses and high heels stooping here and there to relieve them of their champagne and sill breakfast and then back for more.
Back several years ago you could actually choose to sit at Piss Quartet and watch the masses of white strewn virginistic lassies line up to drop scants in the street..not very pleasant and rather desperate to hang around to be honest.
So to end up back in 018 on the very same day was like going back in time, except this time I wasn't interested in getting leathered myself. This always makes things even more interesting..
However, you do forget that the average age of piss artist is around 18 and its usually over and out by 16.00.
So all in all a quiet weekend mostly playing basket and planning the strategies for the up and coming tests.
The most positive aspect recently has been the sun coming out to play early and I'm just waiting once again for one of those scary facts that this is the warmest weather its ever been ever ever but that it has nothing to do with the greenhouse effect.yeah right, whatever..

So inbetween the weekends the work has been full on as well as the training at the rugby ground. A friend has left to the European championships in Madrid and good luck to her.

There hasn't been much time for reading or writing, which is kinda unusual . I'm still caught up in a moment with regards to some aspects of life in general which kinda had a break through last friday evening to a more honest level.Good or bad you gotta face things up and put them on the table.Da Vinci code to some , serious matters to none. All good.

There is a positive in the weather change as people stop adorning winter clothes and both men and woman show off what they've been working on or not during the dark age. Always a very colourful spectacle which cheers up the day regardless of point.

I did end up in a rather funny situation upon my return from Uppsala when I decided it would be a good time to meet up with a friend to share some wine.Her friend also turned up and we discussed our situations and looked through some old time photos. After several hours of wine and way too late in the early morning her friend suddenly asks why I haven't made a pass at the friend we both share, she then goes on to say that the fact that I haven't made her believe I was batting for the other side...she then changed her mind and dropped me in it by asking if I would or wouldn't fuck my friend. More wine anyone.....
Party ended at 0600 as usual, things always get that intense as the subject goes from politics to charity and so on.Good times though and luckily a day off to relax and watch the communists march through town with their red flags of honour..
I feel sorry for communists, basically their own party kicked down the whole concept with perestroika..Oh well, I suppose it gives them a chance to have a walk about and get some attention . Maybe some colourful balloons next year would help..

No comments: