If you've been following the blog, you would have read that my last ZXR750R was stolen. twice to be exact. First time she was crashed...I rebuilt her...then she was stolen again and that was the last time we heard from her..
So, I've been collecting ZXR750R parts to use some of the crashed parts I still had, together with some sourced parts to rebuild a ZXR. It became a bit of an obsession once my other one was stolen..
Currently a lot of the "harder to find" parts have been sourced...some at an over the top price...but I felt it was important to get the parts that defined the R version from the J.
One of the last parts for the chassis was a set of wheels. And today they were sourced, complete with disc brakes and drive sprocket ( no doubt the cush-drives will have to be changed..)
The difference with this one will be I'm not planning on the build as a road bike but as a road racer.
- ► 2015 (39)
- ZXR750R ECU
- Unrestored Indian Board tracker 1915
- Boxing match ?
- I've started so I'll finish....Project ZXRR
- Overpriced but imperative...
- sheer desperation...
- bricks...and stones...
- Good bye old friend..
- I blame Meccano...
- Vintage Guitar gets a Vintage case..
- Official Norton team photos found in the loft
- What a beast!
- The black Crowes
- A lesson in Birdseye Maple.....
- Winter brings out the G's
- Tragic but Magic! G&L 1980 FL100 that lost it's wa...
- Personally believe this to be the greatest Tone ev...
- Doohan - One of the Greatest!
- A Gold Gilted 2013..
- Still out there...
- Top Ten bike I'd want to own...
- The Swiss do the watches and chocolate...the japan...
- ZXR750 wheels...
- The Pioneers...
- Fenders got a run...and the Iroko Schecter...
- Deal of the new year?
- The amount of junk required to make her a road leg...
- Old girl gets a house
- In the Shed over the festive season!
- ▼ January (30)
- ► 2013 (81)
- ► 2012 (58)
- ► 2011 (100)
- ► 2010 (281)
- ► 2009 (98)
- ► 2008 (67)