Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Monday, January 27, 2014

I've started so I'll finish....Project ZXRR


Not sure if it's amusing or otherwise as to why this project started...
basically after the ZXRR was stolen and I knew I'd be getting some insurance I scrambled to rebuild another ZXR as I had some parts left over from the first time she was smashed and recovered, including a frame, rear seat unit, muzzy works exhaust system and a set of rear sets.
Obviously I was then informed that the insurance company wouldn't pay out cash, just a cheque that I would have to use to buy another bike...
At this point I'd already spent money on getting the "hard to find" parts....

So I decided to carry on buying parts and keep the project going.
The key was to find the parts that distinguish the K from the J. So obviously an engine was important and that has now been sourced.
The K forks and rear shock have been sourced and bought.
The K ECU has been sourced and bought.
The wheels which are generic to both were also sourced and bought. As they came pretty much complete with discs and drive / sprocket it shouldn't be too long before I have a rolling chassis.
As I had GSR1000 6 pots on my last one, I still have the original calipers as well as the rear linkage set up as I had changed that to the more linear set up with L links and P rocker arm. Or vice versa..

Not sure what the plan is once she starts coming together. Seriously thinking of making her a track bike. We shall see...the parts currently pile up in the kitchen...

No comments: