Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Friday, April 16, 2010

It all started a long time ago...

ELO, a band that left a great memory when I was but a young sprog in private school.
I played clarinet and piano at school, from 7 years old and wasn't half bad either, winning small school competitions and such which garanteed a prize of an Easter Egg and so on.

Anyway, my favorite day of the week was when our music class all had the opportunity to play their favorite song off their favorite vinyl and the rest of the class would vote a winner.

I was the only kiddo that I know who won five weeks in a row.Sixth week had me coming second..And with the same record...
"ELO Out Of The Blue" was that record.

Week 1; Turn to Stone
Week 2; Sweet talking Woman
Week 3; Mr Blue Sky
Week 4: Wild West hero
Week 5:  Jungle
Week 6; Standin' in the rain

I think they simply got tired of giving me the win as opposed to not liking the song.
Its without doubt one of the best albums recorded.

No comments: