Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Friday, February 26, 2010

Hardtails and all that...

Its a headache...within a few weeks I'll have a tele body routed for a tvjones with a neck. As they came from the same origin they will be drilled for exact fitment between body and neck, and the tuning holes are to be drilled out to 10mm as opposed to std size.This is purely down to the fact that I have an awesome set of vintage Sperzels which will suit the birdseye neck. I have to watch the budget and want to use as much as possible that I have lying around. I have two 78 tele knobs that will do as well, not too bothered if its a gold, nickel and chrome mix to be honest..Then I have a 77 hardtail bridge with saddles and thats a crux..
I'm worried about the spring spacing from bridge across poles..so I've scoured the web and can't find much info..the pole to pole on a powertron is 2 1/32". I'm hoping a deluxe/thinline may assist the issue.

The hardtail issue has taken quite a bit of time, I suppose another way around it is to get a TV savalas bridge tail and cut it back, however that has the 4 holes for the bridge and not 3...we shall see..

If the strat hardtail bridge does the job, the shopping list isn't too much. I'm also considering staining the body as opposed to spraying the body..
The powertron bridge plus has to be purchased of course, but not sure if I want flatpoles or not. String ferrules.
I save on tuners, decent tuners as well, which will do the job on a fatback neck..
pots of course,,500s, 250s...not a grease bucket set up, probably go for a noload 250 cts and 250 volume..

I'll post some pics this weekend of the tele now the brass series parts have arrived...

No comments: