Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Friday, February 19, 2010

chisel please...

..Pickguard arrived today, so it was out with the chisel and work on the route to ensure everything fitted.
I know that Gibson pups don't get in line with vintage fender bridges, but as its a Dirty Finger , you'd never notice.

I like!!!
It was late so I plugged thru the Tascam guitar trainer on Destortion+reverb, this was of course after setting the pitch and checking out the set up (part one, u know how it is..)..I wear a hat so my ears dont melt down from the sounds.

I also decided,as it is an early 80's DF pup, that I'd make the one pot wonder a 1 meg cts audio. Works a treat, and added a heavy duty fender brass series knob.Its just wired through with vintage cloth, simple and effective.
Its a mix n match whic is basically why it came out as a Mary Kaye Blonde n gold special as thats what I had lying around.Good quality american deluxe bridge and srv goldjack setup.The neck is a Warmoth pro with a birdseye maple back and Brazilian rosewood fretboard with the addition of a Fender Malsteen upgrade brass nut.Strap buttons also sourced from fender brass series.
Whats interetsing so far is the way the volume pot effects the sound, which I feel will be positive when I actually plug into the Marshall.
It was an interesting read that EVH used lower outut pafs, as I have one which is based on a 57 Gibson classic but rewound and slightly hotter at 8,5...maybe in the future ..
As I said, I like.



1 comment:

Musician, guitarist said...

COOL!
Ed allways said that a low out put pup and alot of volume will do the trick.if you listen to his guitar, escp.on eruption. you can hear how loud it is. this guy hold no bars..t
cool guitar again.