- ► 2015 (39)
- Brough Superior on the salts at Bonneville
- hailwood...what a racer!
- Cams in...fuel pump primed....
- ..you put your ex cam in, your inlet out, you do t...
- Two of the greatest road racers captured in tandem...
- Best job in the world must have been a grease monk...
- Heavy clouds currently infest the yami ow startup....
- Owl blood transfusion and cover change
- Epic And Supercharged :)
- 748 update
- Joey in 1988 World Superbike
- 748 Chip
- ▼ August (12)
- ► 2012 (58)
- ► 2011 (100)
- ► 2010 (281)
- ► 2009 (98)
- ► 2008 (67)
Friday, August 9, 2013
Owl blood transfusion and cover change
Today and the Owl got a blood transfusion. After having discussed the oil requirements I discovered that the Motul 300V fully synthetic oil was NOT the way to go with an Fzr750r Ow01. Now what was useful was the 3 litres of Mobil Super 2000 semi that I bought for the Zxrr before it was stolen...
...And after the discussion with the Ducati mechanic, apparently the best oil for the 748s Ducatis is the Motul 300V..win win!
This was also a handy time to take the advice from the same person and change the clutch cover to a version with an oil window as the Owls are very sensitive to oil levels and also burn oil quite fast. This was a pleasure as the original looked pretty poor.