Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Monday, June 18, 2007

long friday....

Despite the copy paste from my train ride friday morning started rather strange.
As I woke up on my sofa as my bed was preoccupied with my two visiting sons for their Annual "Wiking Cup" I had a serious pain in my abdomen area.

I started scathing my mind with what I had eaten if this could be gas related but didn't come up trumps.As the pain became worst I started getting a bit wooried about the logistics of getting to the emergency whilst at the same time keeping my boyz busy as I had to await a verdict.
I am fortunate enough to know people who actually make an effort and care as I was helped out with both problems in a short time and ended up at Capio Axcess emergency with 55 people in line before me..A rather pregnant woman looked at me and mentioned that perhaps i should go up and ask to be looked at as i wasn't looking so good...so for the first time i did and was quickly admitted into a doctor, laid down , ask for blood and urine and then transported to the main Hospital Emergency with a very worried looking taxi driver whose mercedes taxi's seats had a very rich smell of leather as I made some rather strange noises and asked for the window to be opened. I think usually he may have mentioned the AC but not today..

As I walked into my second emergency I realised I'd started sweating bullets which worried me as I hadn't had a temp at capio. However, it was over 20 degrees in the sun..

To cut a long story short I recieved very quick treatment , got two shots in the ass of neat Volteraine as well as a drip which also managed to ensure blood dripped on the floor from my arm as the nurse mentioned something about a good pumping artery...
The pain didn't diminish as I stared into the wall with a sore but, a machine that went beep attached to my chest with three round plasters and a crocodile clip attached to my ear.
I hadn't eaten all day and to be honest wasn't hungary..not even water was a requirement and I kept falling in and out of sleep with the only comfort of knowing that I was in the right place at the right time if needing an emergency operation on a busted gut or similar.

Not sure how many times I was awoken by someone rooting around the room but the hours flew by and at around 20.00 I was wheeled up to the datatomografi x-ray. As i sat outside I turned on my back and puked my guts of stomach bile into a trademarked SicSac. Cute name..
having been stripped to the basics it was hard to lie still and take deep breathes for a clear shot..

The answer came in finally from a male nurse who had played his rugby up in Karlstad and who knew who I was. He was the man who would take away the pain for the first time since 0730..
as he showed a new nurse how to inject a morphin shot into a stomach..and then came relief..

He stayed around for a chat about National issues and local issues and then i feel beck into a slumber. The verdict was in and a Kidney stone diagnosed.Only 2mm in diameter that I would have to pass myself..eventually..(its sunday and still not come..)

I slept again and finally got my release papers at 01.30 and once again was lucky enough to know someone nice enough to whom I owe a huge favour.

That was my friday.

I have now been feeling as if I've been beaten to a pulp and recovering and still feel it aint over till its over...

No comments: