Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Monday, August 31, 2015

80's Hot Stacks (seymour duncan)






Took some months of waiting, and finally I've managed to collect some 80s original Seymour Duncan hot stacks. So here they are. As used by Zappa, one in the bridge and one in the middle position. It's either gonna be a Dimarzio HS-3 or a Malmsteen HS-4 in the neck. 
Due to the budgets involved, I'll wait and see what I do with the 80's solid ash I picked up. salmon gloss it's pretty nice as it is and I'm not sure if it's worth going through the hassle of stripping it and getting a respray. We shall see. it's a nice weight and together with the 80s floyd, will do the job nicely.
right then, just need to wait until the second pup arrives and then the soldering iron comes out..




and now with the floyd bridge and neck..it's not the yellow of Franks but it's gonna be a similar setup


No comments: