Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Sunday, December 13, 2009

mixing it up...




The 62ri that I put together was disappointing for several reasons.
But as I had a few bits n bobs hanging around I decided to stick a 77 fender pickguard with knobs and switch , together with the MasterTone set up I had on the 62RI pups, but replaced them with a coupe of 78 Dimarzio SDS 1s.These original SDS 1s are fantastic pickups and despite their hot output can be used for any style.

One problem is trying to match them up with other pickups, so I didn't.I went the Richie Blackmore way and simply left out a pup, although his guitars had dummies, I used black tape.
I also realised the tremelo was badly setup as I had to raise the height of the strings to clear the taller than normal Dimarzio and I didnt want to remove wood.

The result is awesome! I'm more and more understanding that as opposed to buying other players signatures, you should build your own from parts! This one has gone up in my estimations.
Parts are: 84 jv/sq 62 ri body
Warmoth pro rosewood/birdseye AAA neck
Vintage Dimarzio SDS 1s
Fender 77 pickguard and plastic
Master Tone setup

No comments: