Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Friday, December 25, 2009

Fender CS '59 thin skins...


The quest doesn't stop for the next build and once again I managed to find a set of pretty rare pups that had been ripped out of a Fender Stratocaster 59 "thin skin" custome shop model. Apparently these pups are only available in these limited models and I was happy that the middle mup was not reverse wound as I already have that set up in my SRV Slider vintage scatterwounds.
The outputs are;
neck 5.9/
Mid 5.9/
Bridge 6.1

Now the idea is to set up a wiring diagram which will have a mastertone and tone blender for neck and bridge pups (you can find that wiring diagram in the blog).
I'm not 100% yet on this as I may also buy an srv cap and just set up normally.
Regardless, these were a very good purchase!

No comments: