Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Greco double neck

had no intentions to buy a Greco double neck lawsuit copy, but this caught my eye on the bay and I started checking it out at it's source.
As already mentioned, I don't like the idea of getting a guitar that is exactly the same as Jimmy page, or beck or any of those gurus. they could basically plug into a potato chip and make anything sound good.
I liked the fact that the pattern markers weren't the norm. I also like the separate switches for the pickups  at the rear. reading the jap site gave more info. As per the norm, this was a special order from around 77. What makes it rather rarer is the fact that most necks were bolt-ons when this was made, but this came as a set-neck. So, I think this special order was worth the money the japanese site was asking, around half of the cost on ebay....

Having looked around at Double-necks, I noticed the biggest differences with most are where the tail is in relation to the rest of the body. Jimmy Pages Gibson has the tail further down the body which apparently gives the guitar more sustain than the versions where the tails sit further up.













No comments: