Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Current builds..

Things been moving since my last attempted update which ended on the scrap pile.
..basically it's been musical chairs since the inception of the RED project.
The main problem I have is that I really don't like going half way on projects.
I found a great body for the project neck but it was an American Standard trem setup and had a "swimming pool" route...okay, that may actually sound awesome AND the body was real light, running in at 3,6lbs..
But, at the same time, it's a schecter neck and I do have a red / tangerine Schecter  body running in at 3,5lbs   with a relic pickguard setup. So Red will be that.
At the same time, I finally put the Relic 77 stratocaster hardtail together. I've had her parts on a lighter 76 body but felt she deserved to be put back together despite the 70's heavy Ash weight.
Just to ensure the fingers got a workout I fitted Rotosounds 13-54's and tuned down a half.
A genuine fender 76 neck and neck plate will be fitted to the super light 76 body.
A genuine signature SRV 12" radius will be put aside as the RED takes shape.I've been offered an SRV signature body at a good price, but I'm not sure..it's like..innovate, don't copy 100% , if you know what I mean..
..the EJ relic I put together is a good example..with 59 thin skin custom shop scatterwounds and genuine relic bakelite 50's parts , its not exactly the same as the std EJ strat..

Updates to follow..
oh, and lets give cred to the crazy Swede who uses 2 zillion marshall 50 watt heads and no floyd..

No comments: