Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Shift through time

wow,
can't believe its been so long since I turned my eye to the Blog.August 27th...and that was just a token picture of one of the guitars I put together from parts..

Well, its been an interesting past months.
For a start, I managed to buy a rather amazing bike which I have been after for a long time. As fate would have it a person I knew had one over and sold me it. And after trying to get used to the bike for a week it was stolen from outside my work.Amazing and not for the first time that I've had a superbike stolen from me either.This time it was insured, but being a very rare bike I was still gutted and of course "sans bike"...
The following week I recieved a phone call at 1.00 in the morning from a police woman asking me if Kawasaki Bt* 3** was mine? They had followed some guy and seen him crash it in front of them...
I called a mate who gave me a lift out to the crash site.
There she lay on her left side...froman immaculately kept version to a down and out tramp in the gutter....she leaked onto the cobbles...
She was taken away on the back of a flat truck and I was left wondering where I could get another in the same shape for the same price, but at the same time feeling rather sorry for the one I'd seen lying in the gutter.
...it's a strange emotion and possibly only left to those who have spent many late a night working on machines of speed or wooden shapes of sounds...almost Buddist in that everything has a soul...

And yesterday the verdict came through.A price was offered. I was almost gonna accept when a second offer came in with "you get your salvage back"...well...that was it. I'll take her back was my immediate reaction as at the same time the cyber keys started working on getting parts to rebuild.

I'd be the first to admit that despite being a grand shame that the bike is now very rough, I'm more for driving them than so called "keeping them under the bed as an investment" and this will be the thought behind the rebuild. Parts are either impossible to find or cost an arm and a leg.
The list to do is as follows:
To be replaced;
Main frame
l/h clip-on
l/h fairing
nose cone fairing
l/h foot rest and gear change
Fairing /mirror/clocks brackets
indicators
Lock set 

To be looked at;
dent in alloy tank
scratches to rear seat section

Basically the tank and rear seat section can be kept as they are either too expensive to replace or simply not damamged enough to warrent replacement.
Everything else on the list has been found and will be purchased as soon as possible.

No comments: